The Advisory Board serves as the strategic leadership for the local ULI district council in Kansas City. It is comprised of approximately 20 leading real estate and land use professionals, both members and non-members who volunteer their time to build a strong regional presence for the Urban Land Institute. The Advisory Board provides insight into critical issues, hot topics and market trends to help the Kansas City district council set strategic direction and program priorities.
The Governance Committee consists of former district council Chairs and ULI Trustees. It’s purpose is to provide guidance and leadership in compliance with ULI policies, practices, and code of ethics. The Governance Committee is responsible for succession planning and making recommendations for future district council Chairs, and the positions of Treasurer and Chair for Mission Advancement.
The Management Committee implements the district council’s scope of work, delivers local programs and manages financial obligations. Committee members are appointed by the district council Chair and serve two-year renewable terms of service, commencing with ULI’s fiscal year.
District Council Management Team for FY2020
|District Council Chair
Michael Collins, JE Dunn
|Chair of Mission Advancement
Joe Perry, Port KC
Colby Clifton, Ernst & Young
Joy Crimmins, ULI Kansas City
Management Committees for FY2020
- Communications: Create content and communication about district council activities and upcoming events through Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter. Chair: Stan Meyers, Terracon
- Equitable Development Resource: Aligns ULI research and programming with community needs to promote equity. Chair: Christal Watson, KCKPS
- Membership: Membership, outreach; Ambassador Program connects young leaders and sponsors to act as District Council liaisons. Chair: Leah FitzGerald, VanTrust
- Mission-Oriented Programs: Quarterly programs; forward-looking/trends; features speakers and best practices from outside Kansas City. Co-Chairs: Ann Holiday, Downtown Council; Jacob Littrell, Six Twenty-One
- Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI): High-level A-Z development overview taught by industry experts. Runs 15 weeks, September-December; Participants are selected by application.
- Sponsorship: Directs annual sponsor drive. Chair: Dan Musser, Newmark Grubb Zimmer
- Technical Assistance Panels (TAP): Technical Assistance Panels provide expert analysis of land use challenge or opportunity. Member engagement of 10-12 industry experts. Chair: Audrey Navarro, Clemons Real Estate; Vice Chair: Trent Dansel, Olsson
- University Outreach: Coordinates annual Hines Competition with KCDC and member advisory panel who work with university students preparing team entry. Chair: Lauren Cano, VIREO
- UrbanPlan for Public Officials: One-day team charette around fictional RFP designed to illustrate the various competing interests involved in the development process. Co-Chairs: Nick Christopher, Gould Evans; Matt Prout, JE Dunn
- Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI): WLI is focused on creating leadership opportunities and education for women in the built environment. Annual programs include: Denise Mills Women’s Leadership Series; Fearless Program; WLI Regional Summit. Co-Chairs: Michelle Kaiser, Benson Method; Beccy Yochum, City of Lenexa
- Young Leaders: Mentorship Program for professionals under 35 who are interested in expanding
their industry knowledge and learning best practices. Mentors are industry leaders who meet with participants through a six-part series. Co-Chairs: Krishan Purvis, Port KC; Leah DiCarlo, Centric