Want to get involved with ULI Kansas City?
ULI Kansas City is a member-driven organization; our success relies upon volunteers who are willing to devote personal time, treasure and talent serving their profession and the industry. Volunteering provides an opportunity to meet other ULI members and make a difference on both a regional and national level. Getting involved is also a great way to increase your visibility in Kansas City’s real estate community and expand your business opportunities!
If you want to become more active in ULI at the local level, we have numerous committee opportunities such as:
- Helping to plan monthly education, information, and networking programs such as our popular “Breakfast with Leaders” series and Young Leaders luncheons;
- Helping to recruit new members and developing ideas and strategies for engaging members at the local level;
- Organizing our Developments of Distinction Awards program to recognize exceptional real estate projects from around the Kansas City metropolitan area;
- Writing articles for e-newsletters, or writing event summaries and social media posts;
- Collaborating with community partners on topics such as workforce housing, regional cooperation, sustainability, and urban revitalization.
- Helping with fundraising efforts to ensure financial support from area businesses and friends of ULI.
How much time is required? Committee meetings are typically held monthly, in the afternoon, and last 60-90 minutes. Depending upon committee priorities, the work effort to support committee initiatives ranges between 2-4 hours each month. The professional and personal payback is priceless!
We welcome fresh ideas and perspectives. If you prefer to tell us how you’d like to become involved, contact 816.569.2141 or [email protected].