Emerging Leaders Program
Information on our next cohort coming Summer 2023!
The mission of the Emerging Leaders Program (formerly Mentorship Program) is to foster an exchange of expertise, ideas, and friendship among new real estate professionals and industry veterans in Kansas City.
The program introduces professionals in the early stages of their careers, as well as graduates of our REDi Program, to experienced real estate and development professionals for a small group learning experience, guidance, and support. Through monthly group meetings, guest speakers share personal insight, experiences, case studies, and lessons learned. The program provides an opportunity to strengthen ties with future leaders of the local real estate community and the Urban Land Institute. Participants gain industry knowledge through interaction with individuals outside of their current area of professional experience and have an opportunity to develop lasting relationships with both colleagues and senior industry professionals.
This year’s program will focus on catalytic projects and concepts across the Kansas City metropolitan area, and guest speakers include: Brian Platt, Kelvin Simmons, Vince Bryant, Elli Bowen, Tom Gerend, Bill Dietrich, Tom Proebstle, and Mike Brungardt.
Congratulations to this year’s group:
The program is designed to provide the following to emerging leaders:
- Exploration of ULI’s mission in a confidential, trusting environment of idea exchange
- Exposure to different career paths in the built environment and a broader understanding of all facets of the real estate industry
- Connection with ULI peers and mentors
- Personal and professional development and growth
Seven in-person meetings will be scheduled over the lunch hour from September 2022 through April 2023. These 90-minute sessions provide an in-depth look at each guest speaker’s work in the real estate and development industry, and allow ample time for questions. The program closes with a Happy Hour in May.
- Mid-August: Application closes
- September- April: Group Meetings the first Wednesday of the month from 11:30-1:00 (lunch will be provided)
- May: Year-End Happy Hour Event
Program Fee: $175
ULI membership is also a requirement for this program. The annual membership rate for Under 35 is $20/month ($240/annual) and Student is $10/month ($120/annual).
The cost of participating in the Mentorship Program is $175. ULI membership is also a requirement for this program – upon acceptance, participants must join ULI if not already members. The annual membership rate for Under 35 is $20/month ($240/annual) and Student is $10/month ($120/annual). Join ULI here.
100% attendance is expected at the group meetings. Participants are made aware of the attendance requirement at the onset of the application process.
Applicants are selected based on the following criteria:
- Active ULI membership is required to participate if accepted into program. Join ULI here.
- Thoughtful and thorough responses on the application.
- Employment and engagement in the real estate industry; active past and current involvement in ULI programs and events.
- Commitment to the time required for active involvement in the program, or demonstrated commitment to the program in years’ past.
You will be notified of your acceptance by the YLG Program Chairs the week of August 22, 2022. Upon acceptance, we request that you pay the full program fee by check or online.
Contact the Young Leaders Group Co-Chairs: