The Mentorship Program is made up of several mentorship groups each consisting of 4 to 6 Young Leaders and one Mentor. Each mentorship group will have an appointed Group Leader to assist the Mentor with scheduling, meeting venues, topics, and lunch arrangements.
The ULI Kansas City Mentorship Program is designed to provide the following to Young Leaders:
- Exploration of ULI’s mission in a confidential, trusting environment of idea exchange;
- A broader understanding of all facets of the real estate environment;
- Connectivity with ULI Peers and Mentors;
- Personal and professional development.
Five meetings or lunches will be scheduled by each groups Group Leader from October 2019 through March 2020. Three additional combined group events organized by the YLG Management Committee will take place at the beginning, middle and end of the program year.
September 16, 2019: Kick-Off Event with all Mentorship Mentees and Mentors
October 14, November 11, January 13, February 10, March 9: Individual Group Meetings
April 13, 2020: Year-End Event with all Mentorship Mentees and Mentors
PARTICIPATION FEE: $175
The cost of participating in the Mentorship Program is $175. The program fee supports the Kick-Off Event, Mid-Year Event, Year-End Event, and (5) Mentorship Group Meeting lunches.
100% attendance is expected. Participants are made aware of the attendance requirement at the onset of the application process. Each Group Leader must keep track of attendance for each meeting, and provide it to the Young Leader Management Committee at the conclusion of the program. This information is important as far as determining future admittance into the program.
MENTORSHIP GROUP MEETING:
All arrangements related to the (5) mentorship group meetings are to be handled by the Group Leader in coordination with the Mentor. Food for the group meetings will be ordered in advance by the Group Leader and reimbursed by ULI. Lunches are expected to last 60 to 90 minutes.
Applicants are selected based on the following criteria:
- Active ULI membership is required to participate if accepted into program. (Associate private membership $220/year or $18.30/monthly
- Thoughtful and thorough responses on the application.
- Employment and Engagement in the real estate industry; active past and current involvement in ULI programs and events.
- Commitment to the time required for active involvement in the program, or demonstrated commitment to the program in years’ past.
You will be notified of your acceptance by the YLG Management Committee. Group assignments and further details will be provided at the Kick-Off Event. Upon acceptance you will also be requested to pay the Mentorship Program Fee of $175 by check or on-line.
- “Show and Tell” – group member presentations with Q&A about their role
- Guest Speakers – Invite a guest to share about their expertise or experiences
- Project Spotlight / Case Study from Mentor/Mentees
- The Five most Pivotal Decisions that got me where I am today
- Career Path – determining professional next steps
- Set your entire meeting schedule for October to March
- Set a precedent with your first meeting to begin on time and end on time.
- Creativity, out of the box! Engage and Task Participants
- Meet with each member individually for coffee/lunch (outside of meetings)
- Ask Group Members if anyone would be willing to host future meetings
Young Leader Co-Chairs:
Leah DiCarlo – email@example.com
Krishan Purvis – firstname.lastname@example.org