All projects—regardless of type or location—are entered into a single competition. Development projects and programs of any type and in any location that meet the eligibility requirements below may be submitted for a ULI Kansas City Developments of Distinction Award:
- The project must be in stabilized operation and must be financially viable.
- The project must be complete; however, this does not require that the project be newly constructed.
- The project must achieve a high standard of excellence in all areas—design, planning, construction, economics, and management.
- The project must demonstrate relevance to the contemporary and future needs of the community in which it is located.
- The project must provide lessons, strategies, and techniques that can be used or adapted in other communities.
- Programs and processes—such as growth management strategies and publicly guided development programs—are eligible if they have been fully implemented.
- The Awards program is open to all—not just ULI members.
- Nominations from private, public and non-profit sectors are eligible.
Selection Process and Schedule
- Nomination period opens February 6, 2019
- Submissions due by March 20, 2019.
- April – Jury reviews nominations and deliberates (Jury will solicit additional information as needed for finalists)
- Winners will be announced at the awards presentation during the 2019 ULI Kansas City Development of Distinction Awards Ceremony in fall 2019. (date/venue to be announced).
- Winners will be publicly recognized and presented with an award at the Awards ceremony and reception.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.